Andrew has an established practice in claimant and defendant personal injury work, clinical negligence and continues to have a national reputation in licensing.
In Clinical Negligence:
Legal 500 2015: ‘He has a great grasp of technical areas of law.’
Chambers and Partners 2015: “His client care is second to none. I use him on cases with clients that are more difficult as he manages their expectation well.” “He picks up on complex issues quickly.”
Chambers and Partners 2015: “He is an excellent advocate, commercial, well prepared and good with clients.” “He is measured in his approach and quietly persistent.”
Qualifications and Appointments:
- LLB (Hons) 2:1 University of Birmingham
- ICSL (Very Competent)
- Hardwicke Scholar of Lincolns Inn
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Andrew has experience of high value claims arising from very serious injuries and is developing his practice in this area.+ Add to Brochure
Andrew acts for the estates and dependants of victims of fatal accidents that occur as the result of road traffic accidents, in the course of their work or arising from clinical negligence.+ Add to Brochure
Fraud and Allegations of Fraud
In recent years Andrew has built up considerable experience in personal injury litigation. With a background in the early part of his career prosecuting criminal frauds in the Crown Court he is ideally suited to civil and in particular personal injury fraud work.
Andrew accepts instructions from the early stages in defending insurers interests, advising on: investigation tactics; witness credibility; requirements for expert evidence (and testing it in conference); whether fraud may be properly advanced in pleadings; and thereafter in drafting statements of case and providing robust representation at trial. With years of experience on his feet in the Crown Court, before he made the change to practising exclusively in civil law six years ago, Andrew is not afraid to get stuck into a witness in cross-examination, usually to good effect.
Recent instructions include cases involving: Low Velocity Impact claims; fraud rings; phantom passengers; inflated credit hire and repair claims; induced accidents; and staged accidents.+ Add to Brochure
Andrew provides advice and representation to claimants and defendants in claims arising from industrial exposure to excessive noise, harmful dust, chemicals and substances caught by the COSHH Regulations 2002, vibration, repetitive activities causing work related upper limb disorders and stress.
Recent instructions include:
- A claim by a factory worker who suffered an upper limb disorder working on a cling film production line.
- A claim by a worker in a woodworking factory who suffered industrial deafness because he was exposed to excessive noise at work for over forty years.
- A claim by a supermarket employee who was exposed to spilt chemicals in her work re-stocking shelves and suffered dermatitis as a result.
- A claim by a worker who handled raw meat products and developed dermatitis.
- A claim by an assembly line worker who was exposed to dangerous chemicals in a lubricant he was required to apply to equipment he assembled.
Travel and Holiday Claims
Andrew accepts instructions relating to claims made for personal injury and associated losses arising from accidents abroad.+ Add to Brochure