Anna’s practice encompasses both commercial and chancery work, but her specialism lies with traditional chancery litigation. It is always Anna’s aim to explain complex legal concepts or issues in a straightforward and digestible manner.
Anna has a busy advisory and drafting practice but also appears regularly in both the county and high court, including the Chancery Division and Companies Court.
Outside of work Anna enjoys cooking, golf and musical theatre. Anna is also an active committee member of the Leeds Junior Lawyers Division.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- University of Warwick LLB (Hons) (First Class)
- BPP Law School, London, Bar Vocational Course 2009-10, Very Competent
- Richard Yorke Scholar of Gray’s Inn
Wills, Trusts and Probate:
- Advising on a termination of trust using the principle in Saunders v Vautier and drafting necessary deed
- Advising on the construction of trust powers in a discretionary trust
- Advising in a professional negligence claim arising from conduct and advice of solicitors and an expert physician involved in a validity claim based on testamentary capacity
- Advice and representation in an Inheritance Act claim in an estate worth over 3,000,000 GBP.
- Advising on merits of an application for a statutory will
- Providing an opinion on the merits of proposed settlement of an Inheritance Act claim for minor child
- Advising trustees in bankruptcy on whether assets from an insurance policy form part of a deceased’s bankrupt estate
- Advising on a claim for breach of covenant
- Advice and representation in a boundary dispute including counterclaim for adverse possession
- Representation at an application for a final injunction for interference with a right of way
- Advising as to the extent and nature of a right of way
- Advising on the merits of a claim for proprietary estoppel, based on a promise that property would be bequeathed upon death
- Representation at hearing for final charging order
Landlord and Tenant:
- Pleadings and representation in a possession claim against trespassers including a counterclaim for unlawful eviction and harassment
- Defending s.8 and s.21 notices on the basis of breach of formality and want of compliance with tenancy deposit scheme
- Have represented managing agents, letting agents, credit referencing agencies and mortgagees as well as landlords and tenants
- Settling pleadings for breach of Sale of Goods Act 1979
- Settling pleadings in a matter of ‘battle of forms’ over whose terms governed the contract.
- Advising on the enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Advice and pleadings on personal liability of partners in partnership
- Settling pleadings for misrepresentation
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue