Carolyn is a Family Law Specialist and is Head of the St Philips Children Law Group.
Carolyn is known for her no nonsense approach. She has a reputation for excellent client care, scrupulous preparation and intrepid advocacy. She gives direct advice and will speak openly and honestly about the strengths and weaknesses of a case. Carolyn regularly conducts cases in the Family court, High Court and the Appellate courts.
Carolyn regularly lectures on all aspects of family law.
- A Local Authority v A and others  EWHC Fam 2010 FCR 8503
- Re G residence same sex partner  EWCA Civ 462
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Family Finance Team
Carolyn's practice covers both matrimonial finance and private children law and this provides clients with a significant advantage in instructing her for both areas of dispute following a relationship breakdown.
Carolyn is able to put forward and grasp what the client wants to say and is very persuasive.+ Add to Brochure
Private Law Children and Domestic Abuse
Most of the private law cases Carolyn receives instructions in, have a complex element to them, including following the breakdown of a same sex relationship.
Carolyn is experienced in representing the child as a separate party in the proceedings.
She has also been instructed in many cases where the application is for removal from the jurisdiction and is therefore extremely familiar with all of the caselaw, procedure and issues in cases of this type.+ Add to Brochure
Public Law Care and Adoption
Carolyn is regularly instructed in complex public law cases to act for local authorities, parents, guardians and intervenors and her experience covers cases which include:
- Child death cases,
- Non Accidental Head injury,
- Sexual Abuse,
- Physical abuse,
- Chronic neglect and drug and alcohol abuse,
- Human and child trafficking,
- Fictitious illness,
- Adoption breakdowns,
- PII applications,
- Instructions by the official solicitor to represent vulnerable individuals,
- Forced Marriage,
Carolyn has been instructed in cases which involve;
- Successfully resisting an application to remove a baby from her parents immediately after birth
- Successfully opposing an application to remove children from their parents care during ongoing care proceedings
- Successfully opposing a local authority and a children's guardian who agreed the plan for a child was adoption. The child was returned to the care of his father.
- Represented a father in care proceedings who was accused of causing a non accidental head injury to his baby son. He was found not to have caused the injury. The baby returned home to the care of his parents
- Representation of an aunt who had been given leave to intervene in a four week High Court fact finding hearing. She was in the 'pool of perpetrators' for injuries alleged to be caused to her niece including attempted suffocation. She was ruled out of the pool of perpetrators.