Francesca’s practice covers all aspects of matrimonial finance provision, with an emphasis on high value cases, often involving business valuation issues, complex trust and tax structures and forensic accountancy evidence. Francesca is often instructed in international matters relating to contested jurisdiction and associated foreign pre-nuptial agreements.
Francesca is renowned nationally for her particular expertise and experience in cases involving farms and landed estates and the connected issues of inherited wealth, family settlements and third-party interests. She is frequently invited to provide seminars and to lecture on this issue.
Francesca worked during her early years at the Bar in the offices of Stanbrook & Hooper in Brussels and she is fluent in French.
Francesca accepts instructions in private law children applications, including applications for leave to relocate or to remove children from the jurisdiction and she has a specific interest and experience in cases in which there are religious issues, relating to change of religion or attendance at a specific place or worship/school.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Somerville College, Oxford B.A (Hons) 2.1. Modern History
- Diploma in Law, City University
- Inns of Court School of Law (Very Competent)
- Middle Temple Harmsworth Scholar
- Oakham School
- Trustee Lake District Calvert Trust
- Family Law Bar Association
- Agricultual Lawyers Association
What the Directories Say:
“Francesca is good at dealing with complex cases, and particularly good with difficult clients/opponents.” – Legal 500 (Ranked Tier 1)
“She is very knowledgeable and well known for farming cases.” – Chambers & Partners
“She is very well prepared, with sound judgement and a direct approach.” – Chambers & Partners
- Counsel for husband in matter in which assets £860 million and issue was of relative contributions/treatment of pensions.
- Counsel for wife in Financial Remedy matter with assets ca. £110 million; issues of delay, post separation accrual and identification of marital assets.
- Junior Counsel for wife in case with assets £45 million and complex arguments re.company valuations and pre-acquired assets/passive accrual.
- Counsel for husband in case in which jurisdiction challenged on grounds of domicile, court then asked to decide relevance of French pre-nuptial agreement and issues of non-disclosure and adverse inference.
- Counsel for PLC in financial remedy application in which alleged breach of undertakings by company and issues as to piercing the corporate veil.
- Counsel for wife in farming case ca. £8 million with issues as to liquidity, viability of estate/farm, value of mineral rights and preliminary issue in Chancery Division as to assets in partnership.
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue