Jonathan appears regularly in the High Court and County Court on a range of commercial and property-related matters.
In 2011, he was awarded Oxford University’s prestigious Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, and can advise on all aspects of intellectual property. He has particular expertise in matters to do with online infringement, and advises asto IP in computer software. In 2013 he addressed the Patents County Court (now the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court) on the test for the admission of survey evidence in trade mark cases, as had been recently formulated by the Court of Appeal.
Jonathan acts for finance houses, in interlocutory hearings as well as at trial, and has appeared and advised on a wide range of contract disputes, including consumer credit cases and cases on guarantees. Jonathan regularly
advises on property, including service charge provisions in commercial leases, disputes regarding rights of way, and trusts of land. He has recently appeared before the First Tier Tribunal of the Property Chamber, and acted in a trial on the issue of Proprietary Estoppel.
Jonathan has often appeared in the insolvency court on winding up petitions, and has recently acted obtained an injunction restraining the presentation of a petition. Current work includes an application under section.238 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
He is appreciated by solicitors for his thoroughness and approachability, as well as his intellect. He puts lay clients at ease in conference and in court, whilst always judging the best way to put their case.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Oxford University – Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice (2010-2011)
- Gray’s Inn – Called to the Bar (2009)
- BPP London – Bar Vocational Course Very Competent (2007-2009)
- BPP London – Graduate Diploma In Law Commendation (Part Time) (2005-2007)
- Cambridge University (Churchill College) – BA (Hons) 2(i) / MA Cantab (1996 / 1999)
- Obtaining a Norwich Pharmacal Order for disclosure of the name of the sender of offensive emails
- Resisting the admission of survey evidence in a trade mark case
- Obtaining an injunction to restrain to presentation of a winding up petition
- A trial on proprietary estoppel
- A Land Registry First Tier Tribunal claim to a prescriptive right of way
- Mediation in a dispute about unpaid invoices and alleged defective work
- Advising as to ownership of copyright in computer software which had been licensed for development
- Advising as to the possibilities for the recovery of cherished vehicle registration plates
- Advising as to the appropriate measure of compensation in relation to the discharge of a restrictive covenant
- Advising a commercial landlord on the implications of the Telecommunications Code on a business tenancy
- Jonathan will shortly be drafting and conducting an application by a liquidator in respect of a transaction at undervalue
Jonathan has presented seminars on the following topics:
- Norwich Pharmacal Orders
- Trade Marks as internet search terms
- The ICANN and Nominet internet domain name dispute resolution services
- Copyright protection for 3-dimensional designs
- Design right in functional designs
- Copyright enforcement against ISPs
- Unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue