In addition to her Chancery practice (for which see JCT Website) Marisa is regularly instructed in personal injury/Clinical negligence matter and contentious employment issues. Marisa deals with all aspects of High Court, County Court and Employment Tribunal litigation. Marisa regularly participates in seminars relating to both procedural and substantive issues. Marisa is qualified to accept cases on a Direct Access basis where appropriate and undertakes direct access work on a regular basis.
Outside work Marisa is a Trustee of the Bridge Project in Bradford. This is a charity that deals with clients who are, or have suffered from substance misuse issues. Marisa is also a keen SCUBA diver and loves foreign travel and tropical fish!
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Registered Nurse.
- BA (hons) Essex University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE) – University of Glamorgan.
- Bar Vocational Course – Inns of Court School of Law.
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Marisa began has undertaking personal injury work in her in-house role in a solicitors firm from 1995-2002. In that role she was primarily involved in defendant insurance work and high value medical negligence claims. Since her return to the bar Marisa has built up a busy practice which comprises of a mixture of both Claimant and Defendant work. She advises on a daily basis in relation to the value of claims and drafts Particulars of claim, Defences and Schedules of Special damages.
Marisa is also regularly instructed on substantive hearings and interim applications and has been particularly successful in relief from sanction applications in relation to failures to comply with directions. Marisa is a tenacious advocate and easily puts clients at ease. She is therefore comfortable acting for both lay clients and insurance companies.
- Advising and drafting pleadings in a fatal accident case involving employers liability.
- Advocacy in interim applications involving relief from sanctions and other procedural hearings.
- Advising on the merits of litigation involving health and safety at work.
- Advising in medical negligence cases involving paralysis and dental injuries.