Patrick is a member of the employment and personal injury groups, where he has a busy court practice and dispatches prompt written advice. Clients commend him for being approachable, understanding the issues quickly, and giving practical, down-to-earth guidance.
Before pupillage, Patrick worked in busy solicitors’ offices in Birmingham, and understands the importance of client care. He has particular experience in cases relating to local authorities.
Patrick’s first degree was in Psychology at Newcastle University. After working in management and editorial, he undertook his legal training at Nottingham Law School, where he was marked outstanding in advocacy.
Qualifications and Appointments
- BA (Hons) University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Direct Access Accredited
- Birmingham Law Society Employment Law Committee
- Employment Law Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Patrick regularly represents claimants and respondents in all areas of employment law, including unfair dismissal, redundancy and discrimination. He is happy to provide written advice on quantum, merits and points of law.
Patrick was heavily involved in the ‘Single Status’ group litigation on behalf of Birmingham City Council, estimated to be worth £120m. He has successfully challenged an international supermarket in constructive unfair dismissal proceedings, and a national telecommunications company in disability discrimination.
- Defending an NHS client accused of unfairly dismissing an employee following a major departmental restructure
- Defending an international bank in a complex four-day religious discrimination trial
- Trial involving technical legal argument on custom and practice
- Preliminary hearings on disability and the adduction of without prejudice communications
+ Add to Brochure