Petar has a wealth of experience in employment and personal injury cases, the latter in large part relating to medical negligence. As well as regularly appearing in the Employment Tribunal, County Court and High Court, Petar has experience in the EAT and CA.
- Birmingham Medico Legal Society
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Petar’s personal injury practice is mainly claimant and multi-track including:
• fatal accident claims;
• Roberts v Johnstone claims;
• Brain injuries;
• Claims involving service personnel and loss of pension;
• Stress and psychiatric illness arising out of work (Petar’s substantial employment law practice provides an overlap in this area).
Petar also has particular experience in claims involving related insurance issues and has acted in cases involving the following insurance related issues:
• claims made directly against insurers under the European directive;
• MIB claims;
• claims against companies whose insurance has been repudiated including personal claims against directors and employees where the company is in liquidation;
• claims for professional negligence against insurance brokers for failing to arrange appropriate insurance or act carefully once notified of claims;
• s.151 RTA claims involving Churchill Insurance v Wilkinson.
- T v C – severe brain injury following RTA;
- P v WPS Ltd – severe crush injuries in accident at work leading to damage to lungs and reduced life expectancy.
- A v AG Ltd – accident at work leading to severe brain injury, legal incapacity and requiring life long care.
- W v J plc – severe brain injury, unusual in that it was in respect of an already brain injured claimant.
- T v C – high value accident at work claim against employing company and directors personally with related contested claims against insurers and insurance brokers.
- W v MoD – injury to serviceman on exrcise including claims for career loss and loss of pension.
- S v Police – claim by serving police officer injured whilst engaged in firearms training.
- K v PS – claim for stress at work from multiple breaches of duty leading to loss of career.
- Fatal Accidents Act claims include:
- PS v NHS – death of father and main provider, settled with approval from the court;
- OB v T – fatal accident of professional man with his own business, claims on behalf of dependants.
- TD v A – death of wife, settled just before final trial;
- A v NHS – death of father with dependant children, settled with court approval;
- OB v H – fatal accident of professional man with his own business, claims on behalf of dependants, settled after JSM;
- A v NHS – interesting FAA claim arising out of suicide