Rosa undertook a predominantly civil pupillage under Ed Beever and as such had plentiful experience of employment law during her professional training. Rosa has maintained this emphasis on employment law, and has steadily built a busy tribunal practice. She is equally as comfortable representing claimants or respondents.
Rosa has commercial law experience of all stages of proceedings, including advice, pleadings, drafting part 18 requests, interim hearings (such as applications to vary pleadings, summary judgment/strike out), trials and costs only hearings.
Qualifications and Appointments:
Deputy District Judge (Civil)
Treasury Counsel (2009)
BA Jurisprudence (1st Class), Trinity College (Oxford)
BVC, Nottingham Law School (Very Competent)
Employment Law Association
Employment Law Bar Association
Midland Commercial and Chancery Bar Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Inquests & Coronial
Rosa has experience of a wide range of inquests, including those heard by a jury. Examples include:
- Representing the Ministry of Justice in an article 2 inquest into the death of a vulnerable prisoner who hanged himself in his cell.
- Representing the family of a resident of a care home who died following being struck on the head by a fellow resident with a known history of violence.
- Representing the family of a woman suffering a pyometra who died of sepsis following a biopsy of the womb which was thought to have allowed the infection to pass into the bloodstream.
- Instructions from a trade union to represent a nurse who was working in a care home who was alleged to have failed to perform CPR on a dying patient.
- Representing the Ministry of Justice in respect of the death a young prisoner who died following use of the gym where there was an alleged failure to call the emergency services to assist.
- Representing the Probation service at an inquest into the death of an offender who hanged himself shortly after his release from custody.