Sarah specialises in probate, trusts and associated taxation issues as well as dealing with professional negligence claims relating to those areas of law. She deals with contentious and non contentious cases at all levels of complexity and is particularly experienced in drafting bespoke documentation.
Sarah is experienced in dealing with complex cases and is a forceful litigator. Her approach is that thorough and detailed preparation is key.
In relation to contentious work Sarah deals with probate actions, financial provision claims, will constructions, Court of Protection applications and applications made by or against personal representatives and trustees.
In relation to non contentious work she deals with the drafting and administration of all forms of testamentary and inter vivos trusts, including personal injury trusts, and the restructuring of trusts. Sarah also regularly advises on the duties of personal representatives and trustees.
Sarah is instructed by solicitors throughout the country including across the Northern and North Eastern circuits. She has extensive experience of mediations which she considers are particularly suited to probate and trust disputes .
Sarah is happy to travel for conferences and mediations and regularly conduct seminars at solicitors’ offices or for other organisations on request.
Qualifications and Appointments:
- Leicester LLB (Hons)(First Class) Sir Thomas More Bursary
- Bar Finals (Certificate of Honour) Hardwicke Scholarship
- Denning Scholarship
- Megarry Landlord and Tenant Prize Buchanan Prize
- Lincolns Inn Student of the Year
What the Directories Say:
“A ferocious litigator when she needs to be, but at all times professional and courteous.” – Legal 500 2015
“She is straight-talking, fierce and approachable. I would not hesitate to recommend her.” – Chambers & Partners 2020
“She is very thorough and very clear in her advice. She explains things in a way that the client easily understands, and she works extremely hard for you.” – Chambers & Partners 2020
“She is able to marry being an exceptionally bright individual with offering a commercial and practical point of view.” – Chambers & Partners 2015
“She knows her subject backwards and is great in court.” – Chambers & Partners 2015
“The professional and approachable Sarah Harrison has particular experience in probate and trusts.”- Legal 500 2012
“A formidable figure for both contentious and non contentious chancery work. Alongside her considerable experience in trust and probate work she is recognised for her expertise in tax disputes and Court of Protection matters.” – Chambers & Partners 2014
“She is a very robust no nonsense Counsel who provides clear and detailed advice from the outset and is a ferocious advocate.”
“Clients love her and she is excellent in Court- exactly the right person if you have a scrap on your hands.”
Sarah’s recent cases include
- Mediations concerning a complex breach of trust and undue influence claim, a professional negligence claim relating to the conduct of a probate action, a probate claim concerning a £1.5m estate and a case concerning the due execution of two Wills and the operation of a complex agricultural partnership.
- An Inheritance Act claim against a £7m estate
- Advising a wealthy individual on the effect of a proposed pre nuptial agreement and tax planning strategy
- Drafting a trust deed relating to the profit share of an investment platform
- An Inheritance Act claim including a preliminary issue as to the construction of an ancillary relief compromise and the law of exoneration
- Drafting a Will for an individual with a net worth of £40m
- Advising on the restructuring of a trust involving a fund of £100m
- Obtaining injunctive and declaratory relief on behalf of trustees in relation to a complex agricultural partnership
- Rowe v Clarke  WTLR 347 Missing Will, presumption of revocation
- Rowe v Clarke  WTLR 373 Costs in probate cases
- Booth v Booth  EWCA Civ 27 Abuse of process concerning probate dispute Banks v Morgan  EWCA Civ 1568 Mistake in relation to plan
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue