Forensic attention to detail and precision at final hearing are anecdotes describing Shane Crawford’s approach by previous clients. His advocacy experience in lengthy difficult cases has been tried and tested particularly when client expectations require attentive management. At final hearings he brings an assertive clarity to the client’s case and maintains a determined presence in tribunal. Not afraid of providing balanced assessments of the merits of cases Shane Crawford advises cogently on the prospects for a case whilst being sensitive to the lay clients aspirations.
Shane Crawford’s has a depth of experience in representing local councils, charities, professional organisations, housing associations, doctors, teachers, union representative and Formula One engineers. By way of example of cases in which he has been involved include:
- H v Alliance Healthcare- representing the respondent in a whistleblowing claim
- W and H v Oxfam – representing respondent in a unfair dismissal claim
- AJ v E.On – representing respondent in a sex discrimination claim
- F and R v Flogas UK ltd – representing respondent in an unfair dismissal claim
- B v Shakespeares Solicitors – representing the claimant in an unfair redundancy claim
- M v Midland Heart HA – representing respondent in unfair dismissal claim and subsequently obtaining costs
- H v International School – representing Claimant teacher/union representative for unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- RH v Boots Management Services – representing Respondent in discrimination and unfair dismissal claim.
- RC v The Mayor’s Office of Policing and Crime – representing Claimant in unfair dismissal.
Qualifications and Appointments:
Articles and Publications:
ELA Brief – ‘Religious Discrimination’
Employment Lawyers Association
CV Added Successfully!
Would you like to continue adding to your brochure or go to the Brochure Builder to begin the download?Go to Brochure Builder Continue
Shane Crawford has represented clients in the employment tribunal since he started in the profession taking cases for the Free Representation Unit. He has experience in claims of unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination of all types, whistleblowing, wages and TUPE. His client base is wide. Within the commercial client field he has represented AMC Mercedes, Sainsbury's, Boots, E.On, Flogas, Redbull, VFS Global Services, Alliance Healthcare. Within the public sector he has been instructed by Birmingham City Council, NUT, Blue Coat Junior School, various NHS trusts, Midland Heart, Oxfam.
In addition Shane has represented teachers, union representatives, fire officers, pharmacists and doctors in claims against their respective employers.+ Add to Brochure
Shane’s case load includes multi-day discrimination cases. A sample of the cases in which he has been involved are:
Hanley and Barnes v Birmingham City Council – representing respondent in a claim for age discrimination.
Tully v Council for Voluntary Service Rochdale – representing respondent in a Whistleblowing case.
Hadera v Boots Management Services – representing respondent in a claim of race discrimination.
Bibb v West Midlands Fire and Rescue Authority – representing claimant in a claim of disability discrimination.
Manoj v VF Services – representing respondent in a claim of sexual harassment and victimisation.
Williams v E.On – representing respondent in a claim for sex discrimination.+ Add to Brochure
Shane Crawford has acted as a mediation representative in sensitive cases. More recently he was instructed by a firm of solicitors undertaking a mediation process with a dismissed salaried partner of the firm.+ Add to Brochure